Sometimes to make money, you need to create a service for something that people didn’t even know they needed.
W Hotels in New York City has created such a service for weddings that will change the market, or at the very least, make them a boatload of money. They offer a service called Social Media Wedding Concierge. For a reasonable $3,000, they will:
- Live tweet the ceremony and reception
- Instagram photos and videos and Vine videos
- Curate a unique wedding #hashtag
- Encourage guests to use said hashtag as they post to social media
- Set up and maintain a wedding blog before and after the big day
- Curate a Pintrest board for honeymoon destinations and also registry wish lists
- Wedding social media recap for the couple – a Shutterfly book complete with social media highlights from the planning process and a collage of the best tweets and Instagrams sent during the wedding.
While a lot of people including my fiance think this is a horrible idea, I’m just jealous that I didn’t think of it first.